The cosmic timing is right for a total purification of spirit. For a spring cleaning of the soul. For letting go of fear and opening our hearts to love. For realizing the truth: that we are free!
The more we let down our guard, feel our feelings, forgive the past, and embrace the moment, the more beauty and meaning we perceive. Like flowers, our consciousness and aliveness blossom forth.
Today and this weekend (through the new moon on Sunday), consider practicing the following consciousness detox.
- Whenever you remember, rest your attention on your breath as it goes in and out. When you notice your mind wandering or if challenging situations arise, just gently begin to come back to the breath.
- If grief or other negative emotions come up, feel them fully and then let them go.
- If you find that you're thinking negative thoughts about yourself, choose to refuse. Decide to love yourself dearly, exactly as you are. If it doesn't feel authentic, fake it till you make it.
- If you find that you're going into fear-based thinking, choose to refuse. Channel the would-be fear-generated energy into visualization and expectation of a harmonious outcome. If necessary, bring your mind back to positivity over and over again in order to start the habit (which is the hardest part - eventually a momentum will build).
- Write in your journal and assess places where you're still holding onto guilt or blame. During this time, it should be easier than normal to let go and let the past be in the past.
- Choose to live in the present. (Over and over again if necessary.)
- Drink lots (and lots!) of water.
- Light a white candle and take a sea salt bath for at least 40 minutes.
- Sing loudly or chant for 5-10 minutes to clear your throat chakra and send healing vibrations throughout your body.